Designing a medical lab is definitely not as easy as the other facilities. This is because of the possible activities that will be done in it as well as the possible chemicals involved. The one designing the lab must take those aspects to consideration, especially when it comes to equipping the lab with different pieces of furniture.
· As much as possible, you should include all the stakeholders in this ordeal. Yes, this might create conflict of ideas, but then again, this can also enable the best ideas to be realized. After all, each and everyone of you just aims to have the best medical lab.
· Your next concern should be the size of the lab. Some may think this is a given, but such is not the case really. Oftentimes, medical labs end up lacking laboratory furniture Malaysia for storage because their space is too small for the tasks they deal with every day, especially in the later days. As every business aims to grow, you should also consider that in advance. It will be much of a hassle if you will start from the start again, the moment the need to expand will come.
· Effective designing will be achieved if at the early stage, you will already allocate the control areas. This will also bring about better picking of the needed pieces of furniture. At the same time, this will also easily enable you to comply with the safety codes that are needed in every medical lab.
· Another aspect you need not miss is the amount of storage needed. You should beforehand deal with this, especially that you are going to store chemicals. It means the cabinet storage should be durable enough and safe to store for such products. Doing this will help contribute to ensuring the lab will be a safe place.
· A fume hood is a must in every medical lab. As a matter of fact, more than one fume hood is actually needed to ensure the safety of the people in the lab as well as those who are near it. When planning for the fume hoods, one should coordinate with the people who are working on the HVAC system. This is to ensure that everything will go smoothly and the right fume hoods will be installed.
· Once everything is settled, you should start coming up with the equipment list as well as the list of the needed pieces of furniture. Yes, this should be in the latter part as you don’t want your facility to be messy. Assessing the space for the furnishings first before buying them should be the right order.
Careful planning is a must in every medical lab facility. After all, dangerous chemicals will be used here. It is just right that one should be careful and at the same time, incorporate the assistance of the professionals. They are the ones who know best on what to do.